Vermicelli is a popular breakfast recipe that can be cooked in a jiffy. The traditional tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves gives a great aroma to the dish. And a squeeze of lemon over the mixed veggie vermicelli just accentuates the taste.
Veggies: Onions, Capsicum, Carrots, Green Chilies, Corn
- Boil water in a pan and add vermicelli. Keep the flame on medium and let vermicelli boil until it gets soft. But do nit over boil it otherwise, it might get sticky.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves for tempering.
- Add onions and saute it for a while. Add other veggies and saute them for 5-7 mins.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Drain the excess water from vermicelli. And wash it with cold water.
- Mix Vermicelli with veggies and squeeze a generous amount of lemon.
- Serve hot!
- You can add chili, tomato, and soya sauce and make it a Indo-Chinese dish! It tastes more delicious!