Pulao is a comfort food and easy to cook. It’s a recipe when you want to have something light yet filling. This recipe is fully loaded with veggies and spices. This is one my go-to dishes!
Rice: 1 bowl
Veggies: Onions, Capsicum, Carrots, Peas, Bell Peppers
Salt- 2-3tsp (or as per taste)
Red Chili Powder-1-2 tsp
- Soak rice in water for about 1-2 hours.
- Cook rice in the rice cooker or pressure cooker.
- Chop all the veggies into dices.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Add onions and saute it for a while. After onions get transulcent, add carrots and peas. And saute them again for a while. Add capsicum and bell peppers. Let them cook for some time.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala. Mix it well.
- Add cooked rice. Mix it well.
- Squeeze some lemon over Pulao and serve hot with Kadhi or Raita.