With Monsoons comes one dish that you can easily find in Maharashtra and that’s Pithla. Pithla is made with gram flour, onions, garlics, herbs, and spices. It has a delicious taste. Traditionally enjoyed with Bhakri and Thecha. And yes, if you plan to visit Sinhagad in Maharashtra, do not miss out on Pithla with Bhakri and Thecha. You would definitely fall in love with it!
Cumin Seeds- 1tsp
Water- as required
Coriander Leaves-for garnishing
Salt-1-2tsp (as per taste)
1. Take a bowl, mix gram flour, water, salt, chili powder, and turmeric powder. Mix it well so that no lumps are formed. And keep it watery.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions. Saute it till it gets translucent in color.
3. Add chopped garlic and saute until it turns golden in color. Add green chilies and cook it for 5-7mins.
4. Add gram flour mixture and keep stirring it so that no lumps are formed. Once it gets boiled properly, you can stop stirring and keep it on a low flame. But stir it in every 5-7 mins.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
6. Serve hot with Jowar Roti(Bhakri) and Thecha (crushed green chilies)