Rajma Chawal is my go-to dish. One of my favorites!!! Rajma chawal, no meal can be more satiating, for sure. This famous combination of rajma chawal is a complete one meal with healthy protein.
Rajma Chawal is an authentic Punjabi dish made with onions, tomatoes, and various spices.
And yes, remember to cook rajma fully as raw or improperly cooked kidney beans are toxic, but well-prepared beans can be a healthy component of a well-balanced diet!
Kidney beans or Rajma are mainly composed of carbs and fiber but also serve as a good source of protein.
Rajma- 1-2 cups
Salt- as per taste
Turmeric Powder-1 tsp
1. Soak rajma overnight if you are preparing it in the morning.
2. Boil Rajma for around 45mins.
3. Grind the onions in a chopper. Do not make it a paste. Grind it coarsely.
4. Grind tomatoes and green chilies in a chopper or a mixer and make it a puree.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add onions. Saute onions till it gets brownish in color.
4. Add tomato puree and mix it well. Add salt, turmeric powder, and chili powder. Mix it well and let it boil for 10 mins to get away with the tangy smell of tomatoes.
5. Add milk and keep stirring it till the concoction gets boiled.
6. Add boiled rajma. (Do not strain excess water, use the water with rajma). Bring it to boil.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve with Rice or Roti!