Patra is spicy, salty, and a little sweet but I haven’t added sugar or jaggery in the recipe. Tried giving it a twist with no sugar and making it more healthy!
This Patra is spicy and tangy with tempering of mustard seeds, curry leaves, and green chilies.
Patra is very healthy and nutritious. You can make this recipe as your snacks or breakfast!
Give it a try!
Colocasia Leaves/Taro Leaves (Arbi ke patte)-2-3
Water- as required (you need to make the runny batter)
Curry Leaves-7-8 leaves
- Combine gram flour, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, and water and make a batter. Mix it well.
- Clean the colocasia leaves with a wet muslin cloth. You can remove the hard stick from these leaves as well.
- Spread the gram flour mixture over the leaves and roll them.
- Place these rolls in the steamer and cook it for 10-15minutes on a medium flame.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and as it begins to crackle add curry leaves and sliced green chilies.
- When the Patras are cooked, pour the tempering over the Patras.
- Serve hot with green chutney.