An easy and simple condiment chutney made with roasted split chickpeas (chana dal/Bengal grams lentils). This chutney is an ideal taste enhancer for South-Indian dishes, especially for idlis and dosas.
The roasted flavor of chana dal/split chickpeas chutney with the peppy flavor of spices add a delectable dimension to any dish it’s served with.
Try it out, you would love this chutney!
1. Roast chana dal in a pan till it turns brownish in color.
2. Soak it in water for half an hour.
3. Drain the water and add the dal in the grinder.
4. Add green chilies, ginger paste, garlic pods, salt, and water.
5. Grind it. And add milk.
6. Grind it again and make it into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. You can also add dried chilies.
- As they begin to crackle, pour this over the chutney.
- Roasted Lentil Chuntey is ready! Serve with idli or dosa.