Everyone is coping in their own way with the coronavirus lockdown around the world. Some have started exercising more or turning to board games and other online games to pass the time. Others are brushing their skills to bake and cook. And mostly, sourdough, bread, and pizza seem to be quite popular on my Insta feed.
It has become one of the ways to kill the time and for those who are really interested, this lockdown has given them time to brush up their baking skills.
So, even I thought of giving it a try with the ingredients that were available in the kitchen. Tried baking bread without yeast!
1. Mix curd, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add all-purpose flour and baking powder.
3. Add milk and knead the dough.
4. Allow the dough to rise for 6-7 hours.
5. After 6-7 hours, knead the dough again and roll it in a cylindrical shape. Or if you have a bread mold you can bake your bread in that mold or in a bread tin.
6. Bake it at 180-200 degrees in the oven. Brush butter over the dough and sprinkle oregano and chili flakes.
7. Let it cool down and cut into slices or from the middle if you want to have a sub!