Classic Khaman Dhokla is a Gujarati recipe and very easy to make. It can be made instantly and served with accompaniments like green chutney, fried green chilies or raw papaya salad. The tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves gives a great aroma and adds more flavor to it.
Required Time: 15-20mins
Rava/Semolina- 1 cup
Chili Powder-a pinch
- Whisk semolina, curd, salt, and sugar. Keep it aside for some time.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, and green chilies.
- Add eno to the batter and mix it well.
- Pour batter into the greased plates and place it in the steamer.
- Cover with the lid and let it steam for 15 minutes on a medium flame.
- Cut it into squares. Sprinkle some red chili powder and spread the oil and mustard seeds concoction.
- Serve with green chutney.