Beetroot Idli us really healthy meal for breakfast and you serve these idlis with green chutney or tomato chutney. These idlis are simply prepared with the concoction of semolina, curd/yogurt, and lots of vegetables including beetroot. Beetroot gives the vibrant color and flavor as well. A healthy, nutritious and delicious dish!
It has various health benefits as well:
Beetroot increases plasma nitrate levels in your body and boosts physical performance. Beetroots are high in Vitamin C, fiber and essential minerals which are good for your bones, kidneys, livers, and pancreas.
Beetroot is also low in sodium and fat and are good source of folate and support mental and emotional health.
So, start including beetroot in your diet!
Curd-1 cup, and water if required
Eno (Fruit Salt)-1tsp
- Take a bowl, add semolina, curd, and salt. Mix it well. Do not make it too watery. Keep it aside for some time.
- Chop all the vegetables in a chopper.
- Add these chopped vegetables in the semolina mixture.
- If you want it spicy, you can white/black pepper or chili flakes.
- Add water in the steamer. Heat it for 2mins.
- Grease the idli molds with ghee/oil.
- Pour the batter into the idli molds.
- Place the idli mold in the steamer.
- Simmer the steamer for 15-20mins.
- Beetroot idli is ready. Serve hot with tomato chutney