Parathas are a North-Indian dish and can be relished with any side-dish or chutney. The goodness of Veggie Mint Paratha is that it comes with all the good taste of mix vegetables with fresh minty flavor. This paratha is really satiating while the everyday spices make it more delicious.
Veggies: Peas, Onions, Carrots
Mint leaves- 1 bowl
Gram flour/Crushed Bhujia/Namkeen-1tbsp
Salt- as per taste
Red Chili Powder-2-3tsp
Asafoetida- a pinch
Mango Powder (Amchur)-1-2tsp
For the base:
Wheat Flour-2 cups
All-purpose Flour- 1cup
Water- as required
- Wash and rinse all the veggies. Wash the mint leaves and strain it and chop the leaves.
- Chop all the veggies in a chopper.
- Add oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds and asafoetida.
- Add chopped onions and saute it till it gets brown in color. Add chopped carrots, peas, and green chilies. Saute it for 5-7 minutes.
- Add gram flour crushed bhujia. Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, mango powder and mix it well. Cook it for 5mins more.
- Let the mixture cool down.
1. Take wheat flour and all-purpose flour in a bowl.
2. Add water as necessary. Knead the dough properly. ANd grease it with oil/ghee.
3. Divide the dough into equal portions and flatten the dough in a circular shape with a rolling pin.
4. Fill the mixture in the rolled dough and take the edge ans=d start pleating it to the center
5. Make sure you tightly secure the pleats.
6. Sprinkle some wheat flour over the dough and start to roll the dough.
7. Haet the pan and place the rolled paratha on the pan.
8. Flip the paratha when partially cooked
9. Brush oil.ghee/ butter ion this side and flip again
10. Brush oil/ghee/butter on this side as well and press a little.
11. Cook the paratha till it gets crispy and turn golden, and if necessary you can flip paratha once again.
12. Serve hot parathas with green chutney, sauce, or tomato chutney.