Dosa or Indian Crepe is a famous dish of South India. It’s usually a mix of lentil and rice, fermented together and crepes are made. These crepes are stuffed potato mixture or cheese or paneer (cottage cheese) or other stuffing.
Here, we have a recipe of mixture of various lentils and brown rice which is full of protein and make a healthy breakfast, snack or dinner. These are light filled with goodness of various lentils.
And why don’t yuou try this multi-grain dosa with lebanese hummus?
Try it out!
Brown Rice- 1 cup
Moong Dal, Masoor Dal, Fenugreek seeds, Urad Dal, Chana Dal- 1 cup
Curry Leaves-1 cup
Ginger- 1 tbsp.
Green Chillies- 3-4
Salt- 1-2 tsp
Chickpeas- 1 cup
Olive Oil- 1tsp.
Lemon Juice- 1tsp.
Sesame seeds-1/2 cup
Garlic- 3-4 cloves
Green Chilli (optional)
Spicy Tomato Chutney
Curry Leaves- 1 cup
Oil – 1/2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds- ½ tsp
Chilli Powder-1 tsp
- Wash and soak all the pulses, grains, and rice. Soak for at least 2-3 hours.
- Grind them with cumin seeds, curry leaves, ginger, green chillies, and salt.
- Add water if necessary to make a smooth batter.
- You don’t need to ferment this batter, you can make it instantly to get a crisp dosa. (If you want you can ferment as well)
- Spread the batter on a pan on a medium flame and as dosa starts getting brown in color, lower the flame to get a consistency.
- You can use oil or ghee while making dosa (optional)
- Soak chickpeas for 3-4 hours.
- Soak sesame seed for 15-20 minutes.
- Half-boil the chickpeas.
- Grind chickpeas with sesame seeds, lemon juice, salt, water, garlic, olive oil, and green chillies (optional)
- Top up with red chilli powder and olive oil
For Spicy Tomato Chutney
- Chop tomatoes, onions, and green chillies.
- Add a little oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Cook it for 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt and red chilli powder.
- Let it cool down.
- Grind it in a mixer. Don’t make a paste; grind it to make a coarse paste.
You can have crispy, yummy dosas with these condiments without any guilt!