Spring Roll is basically a Chinese dish and has become really popular in India. It’s crispy and delicious. It’s perfect as an appetizer with salsa sauce.
So, here is the recipe of a delicious filling of veggies and noodles with tangy sauces packed inside these crispy rolls–either fried or baked. Enjoy!
For the dough
Water as required
Baking Powder- a pinch
Salt as required
Black Pepper-1 tablespoon
Chili Sauce-2 tablespoon
Tomato Ketchup-1 tablespoon
Flour or Cornflour and water
For the dough
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and add water and milk.
- Add oil and knead it properly
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for some time
For the filling
- Heat water in a pan, add noodles to boil. Add salt and oil so that noodles do not get sticky.
- Strain the water out of the noodles, once noodles get boiled and pour cold water over the noodles and let them cool down.
- Heat oil in a pan, add all the chopped veggies and saute it for 5-7mins.
- Add salt, black pepper, chili sauce, and tomato ketchup
- Add boiled noodles and mix it well.
- Mix cornflour or flour in the water and make a paste.
For the Spring Rolls
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll the dough in a circle.
- Add the filling and roll it properly.
- Seal the edges from both the sides with the flour paste.
- Heat oil for frying or you can bake these rolls as well.
- Your Spring rolls are ready!
- Serve with salsa sauce or chili and tomato ketchup.