For an authentic North Indian meal, Kulcha is just the perfect recipe to pair with some delicious chole and crumbled paneer with crunchy veggies adds a twist to the whole meal. A crisp Punjabi delight, stuffed with spices will make you want more!
Maida or All-purpose flour-2cups
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Chopped Green Chillies
Chopped coriander leaves
Red Chili Powder/Chilli flakes
Paneer (You can make at home or get from any store)
- Mix maida, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Add curd, water, and oil and mix it well.
- Knead the dough properly and make a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and let it ferment for 3-4 hours.
For crumbled paneer
- Crumble the paneer in a bowl
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped green chilies, onions, and capsicum and sauté it for 4-5mins.
- Add crumbled paneer, salt, white pepper, chili flakes, and lemon juice. Mix it well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and make small balls out of the dough
- Flatten the dough with the rolling pin and spread oil/ghee, sprinkle salt and red chili powder and add chopped green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Pack the dough (like you pack parathas) and sprinkle some flour over it and flatten the dough with the rolling pin.
- Heat the Tava and place kulcha over it
- Cook one side of the kulcha partly and flip it
- Apply ghee/oil on one of the sides and flip it again
- Cook it until it gets golden spots and is evenly cooked
- Serve kulcha with crumbled paneer and chole (Chole Recipe:https://leapingwindow.wordpress.com/2018/11/24/punjabi-chhole)
- You can cook kulcha in tandoor or oven as well.
- You can use crumbled paneer as a filling in the kulcha.