Brown Rice Khichdi is a bowl of nutrition and comfort. This is a one-pot meal with all the veggies that is quick, tasty and healthy. The veggies and spices give a zesty flavor. Brown rice, lentils, and vegetables come together in a healthy one-pot-meal. You will love it!
You can make this khichdi with different kind of lentils and enjoy something new every day!
Required time: 25-30mins
Lentil (Green Moong)-1/4 cup
Veggies- Cabbage, Carrots, Onions, Capsicum, Bottle-gourd, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Green Chilies (you can add more veggies if you like)
Salt- as per taste
Turmeric Powder-1-2 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder-as per taste
Mustard Seeds- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 1 -2 tablespoon
- Wash the rice and lentils under running water and soak in water for at least half an hour.
- Chop all the veggies.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add asafoetida, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds and as seeds start to crackle, add all the chopped veggies.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and sauté the veggies for a while.
- Add rice and lentil and add more 1-2 cups of water.
- Simmer the flame and let it cook for 20mins.
- Once it cools down, mix it well and sprinkle coriander leaves and add lemon juice if you like.
- Serve hot with curd or papad and top up with ghee but if you are really conscious about health, avoid ghee.
- Enjoy the nutritious yet delicious food!