- Sabudana/Tapioca Pearl Pilaf
Sabudana Khichdi is one the most popular dishes and is made mostly during fasts. The tapioca is coated with crunchy roasted peanuts with spices and a generous squeeze of lemon. It’s a meal for all the ages.
Everyone loves Tapioca, isn’t it? When you make tapioca, at times it might turn out mushy and sticky, so, to learn how to make a perfect tapioca pearl pilaf, here is the recipe.
Required Time: 10-12mins
Potatoes-2 medium sized
Chili Flakes/Red Chili Powder
- Wash Sabudana thoroughly and add enough water and soak it overnight
- Sabudana will get fluffy the next day and drain the excess water
- Boil potatoes and peel off the skin and cut into pieces.
- Crush the peanuts.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and cumin seeds. And further curry leaves and peanuts and roast the peanuts until it turns dark brown.
- Add potatoes and green chilies and sauté it for 5-7mins to avoid any stickiness in tapioca.
- Add Sabudana, salt, and chili flakes
- Mix well and cook Sabudana until it gets translucent.
- Finally, add lemon juice and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy eating!
- Fruit Salad
Mixing in chunks of ripe fruits will make the eating experience less monotonous and more enjoyable!
- Cut all the fruits that you like and mix it well.
- Add salt/rock salt, pepper, and lemon juice
- Mix it well.
- Fruit salad is ready!
- Kesariya/Saffron Lassi
Nothing like a chilled glass of Lassi and it’s too filling. A glass of lassi can make your stomach full. So, it’s the best thing to have during fasts. The recipe is very easy to stir up at home.
Powdered sugar-3-4tablsepoon (According to your taste)
- Take a bowl, combine curd, powdered sugar, and saffron and cardamom powder.
- With a blender, whisk the mixture
- Pour it into glasses and you can top up with saffron and cardamom powder
- Sweet and delicious Lassi is ready!