Required time: 15-20mins
Wheat Flour-1/2 cup
Gram Flour-1/2 cup
Asafoetida- a pinch
Baking Soda- a pinch
Red Chili Powder
Lemon Juice- 1 tablespoon
- Peel off the skin of the bottle gourd and rinse it thoroughly. Grate the bottle gourd in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Combine wheat flour, gram flour, grated bottle gourd, green chilies, garlic paste, baking soda, salt, red chili powder, asafoetida, lemon juice and oil. Mix it well and knead it to form a dough.
- Grease your palms with oil and divide the dough into equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll and place it in a sieve and steam in a steamer for 15-20mins.
- Let muthiya cool down and then cut it into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and as it crackles pour the oil over the muthiyas.
- Add some coriander leaves over the muthiyas for garnishing.
- You delicious dish is ready!
- Serve hot with coriander chutney.