Spinach and corn is quite a popular combination and I love this combination in curries as well in sandwiches! This sandwich has fresh spinach and sweet corn mixed in a white cheesy sauce with herbs. The filling is quite cheesy and delicious. You can have it in your breakfast or just pack them for a quick lunch!
Required time: 10-12mins
Whit/Brown Bread-4 slices
For White sauce
For White Sauce
- Heat oil in a pan, add flour and cook until it turns brown.
- As it turns brownish in colour add milk and keep stirring it to avoid lumps.
- Simmer the flame as it thickens.
- Your white sauce is ready!
- Soak spinach in the water and wash it off properly and drain the water
- Boil spinach for 5-10mins.
- Drain the water again and let it cool down
- Chop onions and capsicum
- Add chopped onions, capsicum, spinach and corn into the white sauce
- Add mayonnaise, grated cheese, salt, pepper, oregano, chili flakes according to your taste
- Mix it well
- Spread the mixture on one side of the bread and you can grate more cheese over the mixture and cover it with the other slice of the bread.
- Spread butter on the top and place the sandwich in the sandwich maker or oven
- Cheesy Corn Spinach Sandwich is ready!