Falafel is a Lebanese dish made from chickpeas, spices, and herbs and then deep fried (or you can even bake). Humus is also made from chickpeas, it just takes a few spices to emanate that falafel flavor in smooth hummus. You will love this recipe for sure!
Required Time: 15-20mins
Ginger Garlic Paste
- Soak chickpeas overnight.
- Half-boil those chickpeas in a low flame for over 15-20mins.
- Drain them and dry them properly.
- Roast sesame seeds and soak them in water and drain them after a while.
- In a mixer, add boiled chickpeas, garlic paste, curd, sesame seeds and olive oil.
- If the mixture is thick add water to achieve consistency.
- Add salt and lemon juice and mix it again.
- Humus is ready!
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle some red chili powder over it.
- In a chopper/mixer, add boiled chickpeas, onions, ginger garlic paste, green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Take this mixture in a bowl and add breadcrumbs and salt to it.
- Make equal sized patties.
- Heat oil for frying.
- Fry these falafels or you can bake it as well. (If the falafels fall apart, add more breadcrumbs to it)
- Falafel is ready to serve!