Masala Pav is a spicy and delicious street food of Mumbai. The pav or buns are sliced and stuffed with spicy and tangy tomatoes, onions, and capsicum filling. It’s one of those dishes to die for! I love it!
Required time: 15-20 minutes
Tomatoes for puree (4 big tomatoes)
Ginger garlic paste-1 tablespoon
Pav Bhaji Masala-5 tablespoon
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder
- Heat oil/butter in a pan, add ginger-garlic paste and sauté it for few minutes
- Add chopped onions and sauté it till the onions turn brownish
- Add chopped capsicum, green chilies
- Make tomato puree and add to the mixture
- Add turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder (according to taste) and pav bhaji masala
- Add water
- Simmer the flame and cover the lid and let it get cooked for 10 minutes
- If you want a more tangy taste you can add lemon juice
- Your mixture is ready
- Heat a pan, spread butter over the buns and toast the buns
- Spread the mixture on one side of the bun and cover from the other part
- You can also sprinkle onions over the mixture (optional)
- Garnish with coriander, onions, tomatoes
- Masala Pav is ready to serve!
- You can also add grated cheese over the mixture.