Sandwiches are a lifesaver. Even if you are in a hurry and have few ingredients in hand, you can always whip up a delicious filling sandwich in no time. You can have this either for your breakfast or snacks. So, let’s get started with a simple recipe of cheesy, creamy sandwich. This is one of my favorites!
Time Required: 10-12 mins
White/Brown Bread-4 slices
Flour (Maida) – 2 teaspoon
Cheese-1 cube grated
Onion, Capsicum, Corn (you can add more veggies)
For White Sauce Mixture (Time required-5 mins)
- Heat oil in a pan and add flour to it, stir it till it turns brown and then add 1-2 cups of milk and keep stirring it to avoid lumps
- Once the mixture starts getting thick, turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Add the other ingredients together and mix it properly except Coriander Chutney and Cheese
- Spread coriander chutney on both the slices of bread
- Then, spread the mixture on one slice of the bread and sprinkle the grated cheese
- Pack the sandwich with the other slice of bread
- Apply butter or ghee on the top of the bread
- Toast the sandwich in oven or sandwich maker
- Serve with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
- If you are in a hurry, you can avoid making the white sauce and add all the ingredients in mayonnaise and spread evenly on the bread slices.
- You can try this sandwich without toasting as well, it’s equally delightful.
- If you do not have coriander chutney, you can just spread the white sauce mixture or mayonnaise mixture and if you want you can bake it or toast it!
- If you have Amul cream, you can add to the mixture to make it more creamy.